About 3 weeks ago I was shocked to hear a caller on a Christian Broadcast who mentioned she was concerned about marrying her fiance who says he was a Christian but did not believe that God is a Trinity. I was impressed that she was concerned because she had a Godly right to be. Her Faith was so real, she was being lead by the Holy Spirit of God to question this man's testimony of true faith. You can tell she did not want to be unequally yoked as the Bible says and not please God.
So her fiance gets on the phone and explains his view of God in certain terms which I never heard before.....God reveals himself differently at different times in the Bible. What did he mean by this? God at times reveals himself as Father, at other times as the Son, and at other times as the Holy Spirit, in other words, there is only one person of God not 3 person......I was shocked!! I never heard such blasphemy. This was new and worrisome. Satan is so infiltrating the Church that he has succeeded to deceive some with this new backdoor tactic! I thought Wow! A little arsenic in the soup. Looks good and smells good but it's a killer! He used scripture out of context in Deuteronomy 6:4 that states "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD."
The Ministers had done a wonderful duty to reveal to this man by Scripture the error of his thinking. We will look at these verses to help you friend, in case you come across such a lie from the devil. We need to know what God has to say about these things as the end times reveals in Timothy that some will depart from the Faith to SEDUCING SPIRITS. What is seduction?.... A sweet lie turning the heart from safety to danger without the victim knowing it and eventually destroying the victim.
Here are some quick explanations that I gave to my wife one day when she questioned the Trinity of God. I said...."take the 3 leaf clover...though there are 3 leaves it is still 1 clover....take our family I said....there are 3 persons but one family....Husband, Wife and Daughter but one Family." She got it and understood. Of course, I backed it up with Scripture because it's not my words that matter but the Creator God and his Word.
Here is God's Holy Word that supports the Truth of the Trinity of God, 3 Persons as 1 God. Without one person of God, you do not have the God of the Bible or of Salvation.
1. Genesis in Creation, Elohim(plural): "In the beginning God(Elohim-plural Hebrew) created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"....Genesis 1:1-2
"And God said, Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness(Plural): and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."....Genesis 1:26-27
2. Psalm 2: "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD(Father), and against his anointed(Son), saying, Let US break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from US. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD(Father) hath said unto me, Thou art my Son(Jesus); this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
3. Psalm 22:1-8: "To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?(Jesus said these exact words while hanging on the cross) why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him."
4. Psalm 46:4-5 "There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles(Plural Thrones) of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early."
5. Jesus's baptism: "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him(Jesus). And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me,(Father) Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God(Jesus)."....John 1:32-34"And Jesus(Son), when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"(Father)....John 3:16-17
6. Jesus at the Mount of Transfiguration: "And after six days Jesus(Son) taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him(Father). And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."....Matthew 17:1-6
"And after six days Jesus(Son) taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them. And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them. And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid. And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him(Father)."....Mark 9:2-7
7. Judgement to come: "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man."
8. Raising a dead man Lazarus to life again: "Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go."....John 11:39-44
"The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record. For this cause the people also met him, for that they heard that he had done this miracle. The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him. And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus. And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes....John 12:17-30
9. 1 John 2:21-24: "I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father."
10. 1 John 4:1-3: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."
11. 1 John 5:7: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."....Trinity
12. 2 John 1:3 "Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love."
14.Revelation 22:3: "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:"
God is never just the Father in one event and then transforms himself into the Son in another event and then the Holy Spirit at another time and being only one person. That's not what our Bibles say. God is 3 persons as the only One True God and as you can read have been present at the same time or 2 of the 3 at the same time so there is only One God in 3 persons. Amen